I don’t believe in New Year’s Resolutions because generally we set ourselves up for disappointment and failure. I do believe that if we resolve the emotions that are creating dis-ease in our lives, we create the energy of harmony, as moment by moment, we choose to respond in a more life-enhancing way, to every situation.
In translating your desires into decisions, it helps to know that everything on your list already exists. So, my suggestion is to resolve the negative emotions that are sabotaging your desires and keeping you stuck.
These are the attitudes and emotions that I believe are “life-enhancing” and will help to resolve the un-resolved issues in your life:
• Trust – Learning to trust creates the belief that everything will work out. Consistently reminding yourself that everything is exactly as it should be exercises your ‘trust muscles’ and you will grow stronger in your faith and belief and feel more peaceful in your life.
• Love – Respond intelligently, even to unintelligent behavior and treatment – this is a form of unconditional love and is a powerful display of self-love, which is the basis of healing.
• Gratitude – Expressing gratitude for abundance and for what you do have is the best insurance that you will receive more to be grateful for and the abundance will continue.
• Happiness – Success is not the key to happiness; happiness is the key to success.
• Forgiveness – Staying angry is like holding onto a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else – you are the one getting burned (Gautama Buddha).
• Peace – Make peace with your past so that you can enjoy the present and avoid screwing up your future.
• Apologise – Saying sorry goes a long way towards resolving hurt and pain. Whatever we send out into the lives of others, comes back into our own.